Sunday, December 03, 2006

In Memoriam - Arthur Robert "Bob" Hodgson

This is just a short post to notify friends and family that my father, Bob Hodgson, died suddenly on 24th November. He was 65. I have just come back from burying him in Harare, Zimbabwe, where he had been based since his farm was stolen by the Mugabe Government. The stress of trying to survive amongst the criminal venality, incompetence and filth of that God-cursed pack of thieves wore him out; the exertions of his latest mining project, which he hoped would save his descendants from having to live hand-to-mouth amongst enemies, finally killed him.

He leaves an enormous void and four grieving sons. We'll miss his energy, humour and sheer presence as well as the love and pride he showed in us all. He never quit.

Go well Dad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. God bless you and your family, and may He bring you peace at this difficult time.

10:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a former 'Duthie' colleague and reader of your blog - my sincere condolences. I lost my father, who lived in Marondera, in 2004, under very similar circumstances

8:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home